So last week I went into the newly done up TV Studio in my university to have a play around get to grips with some of the gear. I’d never had a chance to work in it before, so I was really keen to just dive right in and learn how to use everything.
It’s rather lovely;
- 3 JVC HM700 Cameras [same as DCUtv’s camera]
- Control Room with a fancy vision mixer [the devil child, evil!!]
- Green Screen
- Sound Mixer, graphics and all that lark.
I also worked on a comedy/drama series for RTÉ Storyland, called Free House. where you create short episodes and they are voted online by viewers, to see if they want to see the next episode.
It may be too late now, I think I’m posting this an hour before the voting closes but check it out anyway, and vote if you so feel inclined so we can make another episode!
I was Contuinty / Script Supervisor. I’m in charge of making sure everything on set and being filmed remains exact and consistent so nothing silly happens during editing like the actor changes sex or something….I also kept all giraffes off the set. If you check it out, I can assure you, you won’t see any giraffes. That’s all my doing.
We spent a weekend down in Wexford filming. It was intense. But it was great seeing all the equipment, steady cam and lights. I also froze. At one point I kept my hands warm with sausage roll.
It can be a thankless job. But if something goes wrong….continuity girl gets it.
Films This Week
- Going to see The French Connection in the IFI tonight. They’re showing the Godfather next week!
- Watched Dylan Moran’s A Film with Me in It. I love this film, very funny, very typically Irish & self deprecating.
- Producing Lounging with Leamy. Doing our run through in the studio today, fingers crossed!
- Will learn how to use the green screen effectively!
- Writing a short creative piece on Obsession. Hopefully will film it in the next month or so.
Links to lovely visual pleasure for the eyes and brain